Wednesday, November 15, 2006

#19 2006 Saturn Vue AWD V-6



After I had come to the conclusion that I wasn't totally satisfied with the Subaru I began searching for the perfect vehicle that would suit both myself and my wife.

She missed the size and feeling of safety her Van had given her. I wanted more bells and whistles and more power than the Subaru had.

I wanted an all weather vehicle with power, comforts, technically sophisticated and one that could haul a load.

I searched and searched the Internet, constantly looking for that perfect vehicle over the course of several months. I researched almost every affordable car that was out there. I compared them to each other as many of the sites allow.

Then I came across the Saturn Vue and noticed the power figure of 250HP. I had to stop and wonder, how did they get a 250 HP V-6 engine in a GM SUV for around 30K?

When every other V-6 SUV and van they made had the usual 180 or so HP.

Further research revealed that this vehicle is propelled by the Honda 3.5 VTEC engine, the same one that moves the Honda Pilot, Odyssey and the Acura MDX. Also from Honda is the 5 speed automatic transmission and AWD system. Those Honda vehicles are priced in the 38 to 48K dollar range.

One test drive was enough to convince me to shell out the 35,000 (with taxes) that was needed to own this vehicle.

It's got everything we both wanted in a vehicle and though it might not be as agile as the Subaru, the power is awesome and the comforts are yummy! It's nice to know you have one of the best V-6 engines on the planet, passing is a breeze and I love the growl it makes on acceleration.

I think I was always looking for the perfect pair of vehicles to serve all our driving needs and now with the 1994 Mustang GT and the 2006 Saturn Vue, it might be a very long time before anyone sees a Vehicle # 20 on my list.

No comments: